We have a moral and ethical obligation to recommend the highest level of care for your pet when you entrust us with his/her health and well-being.
Governor Animal Clinic is dedicated to providing personalized state-of-the-art medical care to dogs and cats in San Diego County.
In addition to normal pet health care, we are proud of our abilities in treating difficult medical situations such as skin allergies, chronic ear infections, and various internal problems/diseases.
At Governor Animal Clinic, your pet's best interests come first. Governor Animal Clinic always provides access to the best in veterinary services. We encourage a close partnership between pet owners and our staff so that all veterinary decisions are not only medically sound, but consider factors such as the emotional, realistic, and financial needs of the owners.
Our Veterinary Services include:
- Physical Exams and Vaccinations
Annual exams and vaccinations are an essential part of your pet's preventive health program. Together with our commitment to providing the most up-to-date veterinary care for your pets and following the "Principles of Vaccination?recently approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association, we recommend the latest protocol for exams and vaccinations.
- Parasite Control and Prevention
Dogs and cats are susceptible to several very common internal parasites. Some of these parasites are easily treated by medications. Many are also easily& safely preventable with topical treatments and oral preventive medications.
We carry the latest, most effective, yet extremely safe flea control products, including Advantage, Frontline, Program, and Revolution.
Responding to the increasing need for heartworm control and prevention in San Diego County, we offer safe and tasty once-a-month treatment for your pets.
Proper dental care is an extremely important part of pet health. At Governor Animal Clinic, we carefully assess the individual needs and limitations of all pets and their owners when providing such care.
- Dental Care including Cleaning and Surgery:
- Nutrition Advice
- Housetraining and Separation Anxiety Treatments
We ensure the comfort of our patients and provide the latest in pain management. Our philosophy is that none of our patients should suffer from pain or discomfort.
- Geriatrics and Arthritis Management, and other Aging-Related Issues:
New medications for the prevention and treatment of debilitating arthritis are available and include Etogesic, Rimadyl, and nutriceuticals such as Adequan, Cosequin, and Glycoflex.
We are experienced in:
- Cancer Diagnoses and Treatment
- Heartworm Testing and Prevention
- Parasite Detection and Deworming
- In-House Laboratory
Our Surgery Expertise includes:
- The Safest Anesthetics Available:
Governor Animal Clinic uses the safest anesthetics available, and we are especially diligent in carefully monitoring all procedures with trained, licensed technicians. We can safely anesthetize old or ill pets for those needed procedures that cannot be done while they are awake.
- Laser Surgery
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to care for your pets' complete health care needs.
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide that extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient's vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- Radiology Services: Our on-site, modern X-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs to aid in the diagnosis of many disorders.
- Electrocardiography Services: We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet.
- Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, dental X-rays, tooth extractions and oral surgery.
- Individualized Flea Control Programs: We develop programs for the specific needs of your pet and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control fleas in your house, in your yard and on your pet.
- Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.
- Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression.
- Emergency Care: Please call our main telephone number for instructions for after-hour emergencies.
The health and physical examination and evaluation for your pet is probably the most important service available to protect your pets good health. Pets age much more rapidly than humans and are unable to communicate their health dilemmas to us. Some apparently healthy pets are actually harboring conditions such as heart, liver and kidney disease.
In a comprehensive physical exam, our doctors assess the cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, joint, urinary, reproductive and central nervous systems, eyes, ears, skin, coat, mouth, teeth, gums, temperature, weight, and body condition. We also take into account any changes in temperament, behavior, and activity levels. A thorough review of the medical history of your pet is also evaluated and comparisons made.
Because of silent conditions possibly veiled within your pet, we cannot over-emphasize the importance of annual comprehensive exams and the semi-annual comprehensive exam for your older pet. In preventive health care, a minor problem can be detected before becoming a major health concern.
An exam alone is not capable of detecting all possible health problems, but goes a long way to insure the health of your pet. You rest easy, knowing that you have done everything to keep your friend in peak health.
Remember, your veterinarian is not only your pet's general physician, but also surgeon, radiologist, dentist, anesthesiologist, neurologist, dermatologist, ophthalmologist, psychiatrist, ear/nose/throat doctor, and pharmacist!
Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own
and makes it so much the larger and better in every way
The highest compliment our clients can give is the referral of their
friends and family. Your trust in us is an honor that we are very proud
of. We are very appreciative of your thoughtful attention, and would
like to thank you by sending a special gift when a friend or family
member comes to us with their pet and tells us that they were sent by