COVID-19 UPDATE 7/15/20:
Due to the high volume of cases we have been experiencing, we are currently not accepting new clients, until further notice.
For our established clients, Curbside Service will continue to be implemented to serve you and your pets while maintaining social distancing guidelines. To better assist you, serve you faster, and to help reduce the number of incoming calls to our front desk, we have implemented the following revised guidelines for our Curbside Service.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please check in with the designated staff member at our ‘Help Desk’ located in front of our office. Please wear a mask and maintain at least a 6 foot distance from other clients and our staff. You may choose to leave your pets in the car only if the engine is running WITH the air-conditioning on.
- If you prefer a complete no contact check-in (or our staff member is not at the 'Help Desk' at the time of your arrival), you may call our front desk and notify them of your arrival. Please note that due to large call volumes, there may be a slight wait.
- Once we have you checked in, please wait in your car with your pet and one of our veterinary assistants will call you on your cell phone to discuss the purpose of your visit and get additional history.
- All cats must be in appropriate carriers and all dogs must be on a leash. For added security our staff is required to place an additional leash on your pet. Please indicate to our staff if your dog has a sensitive neck or trachea or previous injury and we will accommodate this with a modified leash looped behind your dog’s arm (around the chest).
- As a courtesy, we ask that you notify our staff if your pet is fearful or reactive in any way so that we may safely take your pet into the building using our fear-free methods.
If you are picking up medications or prescription food, please check in with our 'Help Desk' staff member in front of our office and we will bring your prescription/food out to your car.
"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity"
- Donald A. Adams
At Governor Animal Clinic, your pet’s best interests come first as we provide you the very best in veterinary health care. We encourage a close partnership between pet owners and our staff so that we can formulate wellness and treatment plans that are not only medically sound, but also consider factors such as the emotional, realistic, and financial needs of owners. We have a moral and ethical obligation to recommend the highest level of care for your pets when you entrust us with their health and well-being. In addition to wellness pet health care, we are proud of our abilities in treating medical situations such as allergies, chronic medical conditions, and various internal problems/diseases.
Our Mission: Exemplary Veterinary Care
Governor Animal Clinic is dedicated to personalized state-of-the-art medical care to dogs and cats in San Diego County since 1977. All of us at Governor Animal Clinic are proud of our reputation for providing the highest quality veterinary services to the San Diego County community. We are committed to providing the best in veterinary medicine and surgery while emphasizing compassionate care for pets and personalized service for pet owners. We invite you to visit our beautiful hospital, talk with our knowledgeable and friendly staff, and experience for yourself how much we have to offer in veterinary care for your beloved pets.
If you have any questions, call (858) 453-6312 or email us and we'll promptly get back to you. Our San Diegoveterinary office is very easy to get to - and you can find directions on our Contact Us page!