COVID-19 UPDATE 7/15/20:
Due to the high volume of cases we have been experiencing, we are currently not accepting new clients, until further notice.
For our established clients, Curbside Service will continue to be implemented to serve you and your pets while maintaining social distancing guidelines. To better assist you, serve you faster, and to help reduce the number of incoming calls to our front desk, we have implemented the following revised guidelines for our Curbside Service.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please check in with the designated staff member at our ‘Help Desk’ located in front of our office. Please wear a mask and maintain at least a 6 foot distance from other clients and our staff. You may choose to leave your pets in the car only if the engine is running WITH the air-conditioning on.
- If you prefer a complete no contact check-in (or our staff member is not at the 'Help Desk' at the time of your arrival), you may call our front desk and notify them of your arrival. Please note that due to large call volumes, there may be a slight wait.
- Once we have you checked in, please wait in your car with your pet and one of our veterinary assistants will call you on your cell phone to discuss the purpose of your visit and get additional history.
- All cats must be in appropriate carriers and all dogs must be on a leash. For added security our staff is required to place an additional leash on your pet. Please indicate to our staff if your dog has a sensitive neck or trachea or previous injury and we will accommodate this with a modified leash looped behind your dog’s arm (around the chest).
- As a courtesy, we ask that you notify our staff if your pet is fearful or reactive in any way so that we may safely take your pet into the building using our fear-free methods.
If you are picking up medications or prescription food, please check in with our 'Help Desk' staff member in front of our office and we will bring your prescription/food out to your car.
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/20/20:
Following Governor Newsom's statewide shelter-at-home order announced yesterday, the California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) is recommending that veterinary professionals limit their practices to urgent and emergency care only. Governor Animal Clinic will no longer be scheduling wellness exams, wellness treatments/vaccines, elective procedures, or any other non-urgent matter until further notice. We will continue to allow prescription refill pick-up with our curbside service. We are remaining open as long as we are able and will still be here for your pets as needed!
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/19/20:
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) released a statement today confirming that veterinary practices ARE an essential business. "Veterinary practices are essential businesses that are critical to animal and human health and welfare, and the integrity of the food supply. Veterinarians also play critical public health and research roles in the response to the COVID-19."
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/17/20:
Due to recent public health concerns with COVID-19, we will be implementing a new way of seeing our patients until further notice. We will have curbside service where you will be able to remain in your car. Please call us from your car when you arrive and we will have a technician come out to your car to take a history. We will bring your pet back to our treatment area, where the doctor will perform an exam and then call you to discuss the case and the next step recommendations over the phone. After the visit is complete, a technician will bring your pet back out to your car, where you will receive any further check out instructions.
We will also be offering drop off exams and regular in-person appointments on a case-by-case basis. If you have any special requests, please let us know before your appointment time.
If you are picking up a prescription medication or food, please call us when you arrive out front and we will bring the item to you.
If you are feeling ill or displaying any symptoms of a fever, coughing, sneezing, respiratory congestion, or have a known exposure, please remain at home. We can provide telemedicine consults in those cases.
We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and want to take the precautions necessary to protect all of our clients and staff. We are here for you and your pets!
The Doctors and Staff at Governor Animal Clinic
"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity"
- Donald A. Adams
At Governor Animal Clinic, your pet’s best interests come first as we provide you the very best in veterinary health care. We encourage a close partnership between pet owners and our staff so that we can formulate wellness and treatment plans that are not only medically sound, but also consider factors such as the emotional, realistic, and financial needs of owners. We have a moral and ethical obligation to recommend the highest level of care for your pets when you entrust us with their health and well-being. In addition to wellness pet health care, we are proud of our abilities in treating medical situations such as allergies, chronic medical conditions, and various internal problems/diseases.
Our Mission: Exemplary Veterinary Care
Governor Animal Clinic is dedicated to personalized state-of-the-art medical care to dogs and cats in San Diego County since 1977. All of us at Governor Animal Clinic are proud of our reputation for providing the highest quality veterinary services to the San Diego County community. We are committed to providing the best in veterinary medicine and surgery while emphasizing compassionate care for pets and personalized service for pet owners. We invite you to visit our beautiful hospital, talk with our knowledgeable and friendly staff, and experience for yourself how much we have to offer in veterinary care for your beloved pets.
If you have any questions, call (858) 453-6312 or email us and we'll promptly get back to you. Our San Diegoveterinary office is very easy to get to - and you can find directions on our Contact Us page!